Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dazed and Confused


While reading Conrad Black's recent National Post article on building monuments, the quote to which he referred from an article in the Globe and Mail " ... the millions of victims of Communism surely pales in comparison to the victims of Capitalism" sprung off the page at me. 


Can someone help me to understand why so many people hate Capitalism? 

After all, Captalism supplies the majority of Canadian jobs and funds all public service jobs; it has created the standard of living that we all cherish today; it generates the tax revenues that fund all public services in the country including our sacrosanct public health care, education and public safety enterprises; it has solved societal and individual problems too numerous to count. 

I think Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused" was written for me in my efforts to understand this misguided and bedevilling hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment